sullynole
(Verified CFHC User)
Thu Jul 28 2005 12:34 AM
Re: Hurricane Charley Movie Download (must see)

Quote:

Yah, tried that..
It really is strange, I have never seen a dl behave like that.
It just gets to this one point (14MB) then it jumps from 3 percent complete to 100 percent complete.. and all I am left with is the first minute or so of the video.
I can't imagine why this would only effect my computer, especially after the server side warning wmp gave me when I tried to play the streaming version.

Someone mind trying to dl the file, the whole file.. and see if the jump from 3 percent to complete happens to them? Cause it definitely appears to be dl'ing fine, right until you get to 14-20MB downloaded, then it goes FUBAR.

yes, I have received the problem since it was reposted after Dennis It is definitely some kind of server side problem. Maybe a download limit or server being overloaded. There has been a lot more traffic to the site with hurricane season in swing. The most I have been able to d/l at once with a high speed connection is about 120 mb. That was one time late at night.

I don't know if there is anything Mike can do to help us out here... it is a very large file... maybe host it on another server? I'm just hoping one time I get lucky... although the problem will compound since it causes one to have to re-d/l the file from the beginning every time he gets kicked. I could have downloaded it 5 times+ by now! :-p

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center