Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Sun Jul 10 2005 03:11 PM
Re: Area of Interest - Central Tropical Atlantic

Your idea of a storm like Emily forming plus JB's idea of 2 tropical systems forming next week, and the model support lead me to believe we could have a similar scenario with Emily and Cindy in 1999. Fortunately those two systems were fish spinners, and one was absorbed by the other. MJO activity needs to be monitored over the next 1-2 weeks as there is some anomalous convection, and the effects are very pronounced over south India and china; as this could affect the future of these waves. Shear and SSTS are also very favorable in the central Atlantic, so I would definitely watch this wave, and the next one that comes off Africa. I know we have Dennis, but that's me.

BTW, best of luck for those who choose to stay in the path of Dennis, and god's speed.

Over and out.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center