GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Mon Jul 11 2005 08:57 AM
Re: Latitude and Longitude

Call it hurricane fatigue. We Floridians are now joking that there are so many tropical events planned this year that each of us in Florida believe we have a td with our name on it ready to hit. We know the exact time and location it will be as well. It will be when the kids have eaten all the canned spaghetti-o's, the gasoline has been used to mow the lawn, and we have planned a 50 member family reunion outdoors, with tents and camping supplies in a local state park. The intensity will be enough to close down all incoming routes to Florida and curfews will have started before our batteries we misplaced from Arlene, can be found. By the way for anyone who does not see the humor in this, you have never stood outside your home with a blue tarp on it wondering if your turn to get a roof would come before the next hurricane season. I personally had to wait from Jeanne until February. I paid $7,000.00. for it because the insurance company said that it did not meet the deductible for 13 missing shingles, but the shingles had to be covered by replacing the whole roof, so I found out that $2200.00 deductible was not sufficient for a $1300.00 apparaised damage that takes a $7,000.00 roof to make safe for the next hurricane.(Maybe that is why each and every Floridan thinks the next storm is coming their way)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center