HanKFranK
(User)
Sun Aug 07 2005 01:54 PM
Re: MJO and Whatnot

good collection of evidence for the coming pattern, kevin. i wish i knew what the pattern linked to those mini-waves of mjo was, though. i've guessed that it's a delayed response to jitters in the SOI index (or however the two are inter-related. with SOI going positive it looks like the real shift will finally go down in the next week or so.
next question beyond 'when will the storms form' is 'where will they go'. the upcoming pattern gfs keeps advertising is a return to a zonal ridge across the atlantic, with the weakness far to the east, and another over the continent. i'm not sure whether to believe it.
HF 1754z07august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center