Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Mon Aug 15 2005 03:50 AM
The Artist (storm) formerly known as TD 10

So, the former TD 10 is looking rather perky tonight. As of 6:15 - 6:45 sat images, the convection is still displaced to the north, but firing up some very impressive cold cloud tops. You can also see some spots of convection firing up along the arm bands. Will it be enough to reclassify the storm as a depression?

I'm going to hazard a 'not yet' at 5am, however if the convection continues and visible images indicate the center is still well defined, then I would expect that 11am we will see the return of TD 10. I think the main reason they would hold off at 5am is the entire idea of presistance. The convection has only (though the convectionhas been going steadily since 9pm or so) would 14+ hours of good convection be enough to justifify a reclassification at 11am? I think so. But 8 hours doesn't sound very long. Hence the thought that we won't see it at 5am.

Just musing
-Marj

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center