JMII
(Weather Master)
Fri Aug 26 2005 02:06 AM
Re: Situation Reports - Katrina

WOW Katrina went south in a hurry... and I'm not just talking about direction. Based on the radar I'd say the worst is over already. Sure we'll get some squalls with strong winds but in NW Broward the heavy rain is pretty much gone and it's only 10PM (EDT). The predictions of flooding from a slow moving system coming ashore in the wee hours of Friday AM were way off.

Damage should be limited to uprooted trees, localized power outages, broken branches/limbs and some pockets of flooding. Wind here blew at 50 with 70 tops, while places closer to the coast getting 90 mph gusts.

Power flicker off again here, but so far thats it. We have no visible damage but we'll know more by the light of day - I'd guess some scattered tree branches in the yard and no more. Hope everyone else made out the same as me.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center