Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Sep 05 2005 11:32 PM
Re: Area of Interest - Northern Bahamas

Quote:

I'm looking at http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-wv-loop.html
and while it may move somewhat West initially, I think it will move NW near the coast (east coast) or slightly inlland then be deflected to the NE. It is so weak that even low level currents should catch it. We'll see. Regardless, I see some rain and breeze in our future. I just don't really think it has the 'space' to spin up into anything serious before hitting land. In fact, the western edge is already grazing FLaud or so it appears.

If the shear doesn't let up, it won't develop into anything - which looks likely in the immediate future I think. If the shear DOES let up, there's less chance of a NE deflection, I think. It's kind of interesting that the models went from taking it west across the Gulf to taking it NE along the Atlantic coast.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center