HanKFranK
(User)
Thu May 04 2006 04:21 AM
may updates

hey all you folks who posted pre-season forecasts back in the winter: time to make our may updates. what with the developments in el nino and atlantic ssts some of you might want to adjust your season forecasts. or knock those crazy numbers exceeding 2005 down into reality, maybe?
post your updated numbers in this thread and i'll chunk them all together with the adjustments from earlier. if you didn't post in december, just tack your numbers on anyway. if you don't update or don't want to update that's fine, too.. i'll just keep your december numbers.
as an extra feel free to toss in your guess at the date the first named storm forms. we'll go with the date it gets named doesn't go to storm strength the day the depression forms. subtropical storms count.
forecast deadline is tuesday, may 30th, right ahead of the klotzbach/gray season kickoff issue.

i'll start it off: 18/12/6, a shift up to the crowd from nov/dec. call me bandwagon. i'll feel dumb if 14/9/4 verifies.
first storm, may 23. that'll be the day.
HF 0420z04may

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center