Kimberley Clark
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Jun 13 2006 03:16 PM
Re: Alberto Condition Reports

Just thought I'd throw this out there for the Mobile County, Alabama area. Just to show how these storms effect such a wide area, yesterday afternoon/evening Dauphin Island, Alabama (south Mobile County) had water over the streets and cars/people were having to move to higher ground. This would not be such an event except for the fact that this is a Tropical Storm many many miles away. The island took a big punch from all of the storms last year. My favorite meteorologist, John Edd Thompson, from FOX 10 News lost his house last year. Keep all the others in your thoughts and prayers and never forget to count your blessings.

As far as North Mobile County, where I live, we only had a Thunderstorm warning and some really bad lightning and strong rain from feeder bands waaaay away from the storm. Thankfully, these storms diminished as they moved to the South where most of my family lives, including my beautiful (yes, he's beautiful) new grandson, Skylar Anthony Pitt. I'll make sure he pays attention to the weather when he gets older!! I had my little 13 month old friend, Autumn, out in the night last night and she saw the lightning and I said "listen" and she listened and heard the thunder. Then, I told her how important it is to go inside when storms are coming. I know, a little young there, however, you might as well bring them up right, huh? Weather people are good folks in my opinion.

Here's to a safe season and I probably won't post too much, just read and envelope all of the knowledge found on this website. Also, if my husband ever gets disability, I want to make a contribution to the site. I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center