ltpat228
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Aug 19 2008 08:24 PM
Re: Preparations, Closings and Conditions in Your Area

2029 Tuesday August 19 2008

Saint Lucie County
Fort Pierce & Port Saint Lucie

We are now beginning our 17th straight hour of continual rain and gusty winds over 40mph as Fay pummels us via her eastern/northeastern feeder bands.

Fay has been relentless in my area...so much so, late this morning many areas in my county experienced flash flooding in major intersections.

Our schools are closed again on Wednesday due to this massive flooding.

Law Enforcement Officials have set up command centers in a few key shopping centers where garbage trucks are positioned to rescue stranded motorists and take them to their residence. Garbage and dump trucks are also strategically placed along U.S. 1 where roads are waist deep with water to keep vehicles from straying and entering in to those unsafe areas.

I've never seen any thing like this storm duration since hurricane Frances. Only difference is, she lasted 49,000 days where maybe Fay will leave my area by 1am they're claiming?
LOL.

No biggie as I'm a Floridian of 55 years and used to this as it comes with the territory.

Long as the DOLPHINS game is still on for next Saturday, I will be ecstatic!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center