Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Mon Jun 01 2015 12:19 AM
Re: Outlook for 2015

This year we had 17 participants which is normal for a season that is expected to be quiet. The range was from 6/2/1 to 19/11/5 and the rounded average was 9/4/2.

CSU forecast: 7/3/1
TSR forecast: 11/4/1
NOAA forecast: 9/5/1 (rounded)

Sometimes even your local weather can give you a hint as to what the upcoming season could be like, because your local weather is usually typical of a particular weather pattern that may influence some other meteorological attribute such as a higher or lower season of tropical activity. This year in east central Florida we have had a wet and uncommonly warm Spring. In April I had a new monthly rainfall record of 5.46". My previous April record of 4.41" was in 1997 (6/3/1). In April I also had 6 days with thunder which tied the record high for the month with 1994 (7/3/0), 2013 (13/2/0) and 2014 (8/6/2). Not exactly a scientific method, but the correlation is interesting.

Thanks to all who participated - at the end of the season we'll revisit the forecasts and see how well we did.
Cheers,
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center