Owlguin
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Sep 19 2017 05:00 PM
Re: Irma Conditions/Observations in your Area

Power was out in my entire area of Boca Raton from Sunday about 4PM until either Friday or Saturday night. I traveled from Boca to West Palm and up to Melbourne. I think there is a marked decrease in damage to trees from about Delray north, but there is still considerable damage all the way up the coast to Melbourne. Trees in my area of Boca (east of I-95) took a considerable hit...I would say comparable to Frances in this area and not nearly as bad as Wilma. I think the only reason the tree damage wasn't worse than Frances is that there are fewer Ficus trees now. Where I see the most damage, there are ficus and other non-natives. I saw very little structural damage in this area and no flooding. Very few poles down and FPL generally did a much better job at keeping and restoring power than in 2004-2005.

Is there a radar loop recording of Irma as it moved through Florida that can be viewed?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center