Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri May 10 2002 02:09 PM
Re: Tropical Cyclone Forecast - 2002

Well Ed, your over all named storm and hurricane count look OK, but there could be 3-5 majors instead of two like you forecast. I don't exactly think that the Cape Verde season will be quiet...but moderatly above average. A good majority of these will go fishing then off to hurricane hell...but I can't rule the possibility that one will make it close to the U.S. We must watch the Carribbean this year...below average SLPA's, significantly above avarage SST's and little wind sheer during the peak of the Carribbean season... a recipe for trouble. Northeast Carribbean will need to be watched as well for Florence type storms. And I'm talking about the Florence of 1953. A bit different from the past few years (2000/2001), but definitely not in a good way.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center