Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Tue Oct 01 2002 11:48 PM
Hurricane Lili

Pressure now down to 963mb which would normally support Cat III, but flight level winds still not quite there - it will make it there on Wednesday. Its still a bit early to nail down the landfall - it all depends on where the turn to the north takes place. If I had to pick an area right now (and this will probably surprise a few folks), I'd say somewhere between Franklin, LA, and Pass Christian, MS, around 18Z on the 3rd. Models would suggest something further west - but I have yet to see a model hit a five day forecast - I guess that there's always a first time. I'd also expect a strong Cat II or a weak Cat III at landfall. Everyone along the north Gulf coast needs to remain vigilant - Lili is developing into a major hurricane.

From where I sit in Melbourne, Kyle don't make me smile , but at least he'll hold off for awhile - winds now back up to 45kts.
Cheers,
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center