Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Oct 05 2002 01:41 PM
Good forecast Ed...

You nailed it it pretty good. I was a tad west (raning New Iberia to Franklin) of your forecast, but we can all agree that Vermillion, Iberia, St. Mary, Terrebonne and Lafouche (plus Grand Isle in Jefferson) took the majority of the heat. Some of the guys on saintsreport.com from down that way had been talking about their experiences. Most people fared pretty well, but all were affected.

It's definitely been the North Central Gulf Coast's year for storms. We might eek out another TS or possibly a Gulf winter low (winter as in season, not precipitation) if El Nino gets cranking in a few months. But I think the remaining threat for this season (US anyway), is Puerto Rico, Florida and from the MS/AL line on eastward through the NE Gulf. There's still a shot for some action on the mid-Atlantic coast as well. If there's anything I learned from 2002, is that all other things balancing out to neutral, watch the waters off the NE US coast for weaker development close-in. I'll credit "Uncle Joe" with schooling me that. Those anomalies have played a major part this September.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center