LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Aug 22 2012 03:58 PM
Re: What happened to everyone

I'm here. I read, I post and I watch.

I enjoyed when it was busier...obviously....more than now.

I'm sure there are many reasons for that... one being many use Twitter and Facebook (as I do) and other sources more than old school "message boards" but then again I'm sort of "old school" .....

I hope people choose to stay, follow whatever "rules" there are and not bail...especially during what seems to be a spike in the season and a period which may stay busy for some time.. and all views are important and valuable.

The other day on TWC.. Cantore made a comment that he had been looking at something someone pointed out on Twitter and it's been bugging him and he mentioned the person by name. Just shows that we all gain from each other even if some of us know more about meteorology than others. Then again.. i know little about computers and programming, a lot about English and Literature.

Just my thoughts and am happy to have a place to put them.

PS... the tropics are really busy and there is a TS going to be a Hurricane and it might threaten a busy metropolitan area very soon...so would prefer we were having this "conversation" another time ... a lot tropically to talk about for those here who wish to read..

It's more than just the family of posters here... a lot of people read and never post, they are looking for information. We all are..

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center