danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Wed Aug 22 2012 04:43 PM
Re: What happened to everyone

I'm still here. I read more than I post. Hard to believe I know.

I came here years ago to gain knowledge in the field of Tropical Meteorology. I am still learning. And from some of the best laymen and professionals in the World.

I am sure that I have ticked off more than one member from time to time but I try to be very lenient and still adhere to Mike and Ed's preferences for posts. I even break the rules sometimes. And ED reminds me from time to time what goes where.

I will post data if I think that someone else might use it or be looking for that data.

Regarding the 3 day current thread versus the 5 day forecast thread. I'm guilty of cross posting in those areas. We sometimes get carried away with the current situation and post forecast down the road.

Current situation is TS Issac beginning to enter the E. Caribbean. 3 Day forecast takes it to Cuba... with winds and showers threatening Southern Florida.
5 day forecast takes it to the Upper Florida Peninsula or through the Florida Straits into the GOM.
Either forecast threatens Florida at this time. Depending on which model you view.
The two EURO models, at last check were taking Issac to Louisiana at Cat 2 or 3 level. At the 9 day forecast period.

I'm staying here and I'll shift to a lower gear.

Right now I have to shift into high gear to prepare for Issac and you should too. Thanks.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center