Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Aug 23 2012 06:36 PM
Re: What happened to everyone

I have been coming here for about 6 years. I too have had posts moved and canned and at first i usually get a bit upset that MY content was treated in such a way. But I have learned that most of the time there was a good reason for it. I also echo Cuildemort about the Lounge. That is the place to speculate (but not wildly) and guesstimate what you think the storm will do and it is a much more forgiving place than other threads. That is why you will see me post there most often. Another less strictly moderated thread is when there is a "storm conditions in your area' thread during an event and I will post there often if I am affected. AND there are days when I just lurk and soak in the knowledge of the experienced mets around me and don't feel like I have to post. Use the site however you like and just be aware of the expectations. This is too good of a site to leave in a huff!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center