Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Jul 08 2002 06:07 PM
when to write off

from kevin's poll it's clear that not many people have faith in 95L. just a little refresher on systems over near texas. quite often they will rapidly intensify right before going in, and continue to improve in organization after landfall. considering that this system has a good 15 to 18 hours left over the water, i'm not about to toss it from consideration. the only thing i have to change is where it comes ashore. looks like brownsville area after all. and yes, i'm still betting against my late july guess for a first named storm.
convection around florida has nothing to do with surface weather, save maybe a seabreeze front. a potential trigger wave is coming in from the east in a couple of days, to toy with whatever is still there. should note that model support that was present yesterday is hard to come by today.
HanKFranK aiken sc 2153z08july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center