Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Aug 14 2002 12:58 AM
Good posts guys...

Y'all hit the big points. The WGoM looks a tad more interesting than it has. If you use a little imagination, you can almost-maybe-kinda-sorta see something that might be getting a little better organized. Pressure off Brownsville was the lowest I found during a limited check - 29.85 - same as yesterday. Could something develop off Texas? I'd give it about a 15% shot. The possibilities? The moisture stays disorganized and continues to flow through LA until the ridge builds in this weekend from the east; trof over plains lifts out, ridge builds in, something sits down there; rains into Mexico; comes north as a broad low and rains upper texas, sw la coast as maybe a TD?

Obvious prediction I made in chat last night: "Hello Dolly" will be overplayed in tv, radio, print and internet media

It occurred to me today that the season has been kind of interesting so far. In a nutshell: opinions are all over the place; models aren't verifying; sst anomolies are in certain concentrations, ridge and trof positions are what they are, etc. And while there are some similarities with recent years, there's something different about 2002. My bet is that more than one or two of us end up with a good seat during the next 2 months.

If it was October or November, the East Gulf/FL rains look like transitional moisture heading for a baroclinic or GA/SC Coast subtropical low.

It sure looks to me like we're headed into the heart of what could be a memorable season. Everything's been falling into place, and now the moisture is starting to show up throughout the Atlantic. If you've been slacking like me, next time you're at the store grab some extra flashlight batteries and jugs of water. You never know.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center