Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Aug 14 2002 10:30 AM
Re: Good posts guys...

I agree STeve, I almost posted the same words on another message board but held back and didn't. Almost the same words about buying batteries.

I think once it gets going it will be a quirky, interesting and a memorable season.

As long as the water is hot in some places and things keep moving then eventually something will pop.

And, in a year where we already had a storm make landfall, gulffall, landfall.. and another moved SW towards Florida I think this year has real "interesting" potential.

Yep..buy batteries.. make a game plan and sit and watch because something, somewhere is going to happen and I would bet money that there will be another landfall and it won't be some mediocre tropical storm.

Sometimes storms like Andrew and Betsy, both in analog years are more interesting and memorable than a bunch of fish smiling pretty for the satellites before they race off to the shipping lanes.

Do we really want a bunch of Danielles out there following the same track over and over recurving up the middle of the Atlantic? Deep down in our heart of hearts???

Bobbi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center