Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Sep 13 2002 02:51 PM
Hey Jason....

thanks... gotta give Steve a pat on the back to as he was the only one on the board that predicted a landfall west of Al. Yesterday he said between Biloxi and Dauphin Is... so cudos to my Nawlins neighbor too..

one thing bothers me about this setup...

wouldn't you expect that the longer Hanna stay out, not really moving that fast towards the north, the greater the turn off to the NE will be... for MS to really have any impact, I would think that Hanna needs to hurry up and go more north... the longer its stays out, the greater the impact would be to the east of MS ... still making it a weather event for Al and Fl coasts...

Radar shows the first feeder bands approaching the MS coast this morning...

Center appears to be located at 27.6 and 89.4 based on latest vis pix...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center