HanKFranK
(User)
Fri Sep 13 2002 03:34 PM
kudos? nah, ill have a screwdriver

dont give me any kudos anyway.. thus far i've said sarasota, gone to the MS coast, then changed it to back up the middle. dont know about your country, but where i come from thats TERRIBLE guesscasting.
have to say that this 'close in development' business is really a pain. what we end up with is lots of weak systems that have erratic tracks.. going for the 4th landfalling system of the year and still not a hurricane in the mix. since the magic date is getting closer, here's another factoid about how weird things have been--no landfalling hurricanes in the u.s. since irene on 15october1999. that was a long time and a lot of storms ago. gabrielle last september 14 with the 980mb pressure makes the streak questionable... but from an 'official' standpoint, this lucky streak is becoming ludicrous.
HF 1528z13september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center