Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Sep 13 2002 03:47 PM
10am Update...

TPC centers the storm at 89.4W and says the turn to the North should happen anytime now. You can see the mid-level trof coming across central LA, so a LA landfall as west as the TS Warnings go (Grand Isle) is next to being out of the question. On the official track, Hanna will be making 2 landfalls - one across the LA Delta and the other just east of Pascagoula/Moss Point in Jackson County, MS.

For any of the LA wishcasters out there, it doesn't look like this trof will miss a connection with Hanna. That's probably a less than 5% chance, so don't get excited like I know you are.

Current Probabilities give the nod to Mobile @ 49%, Buras @ 62% and Gulfport @ 51%. New Orleans is at 43% which I'm thinking is high, and Pensacola is at 41%.

So as I've been saying , this is a MS, AL, FL storm with the bulk of the heaviest convection likely to be from the MS/AL border over to Panama City.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center