Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Sep 13 2002 05:25 PM
Turn to the north starting?

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalWide.asp?loc=kmsy&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=SatelliteImagery&product=VisibleSatelliteLoop&prodnav=none&pid=none

I put up the intellicast link because the Goes was repositioned in the last few frames. It appears to me that there is only a drift NW-NNW at this time. I have no idea what the time intervals are for intellicast's frames, so this may be just an hour or two's worth of movement. Still, I think the motion is now responding to the mid-level trof in East-Central LA - which btw, is starting to lift out. However, all airflow behind it is sweeping through, and with Hanna's at her current lattitude, there's still no way she misses the trof IMHO. Anyway, the turn north should be beginning. Had Hanna been 2 degrees further south, the next trof sweeping through would probably have picked her up anyway, but she may have had time to strengthen into something more substantial.

Btw, it was >>>>me<<<< who called for a MS landfall, but I may still be too far west. But like everyone else, I believe W FL gets the bulk of the precip. Speaking of that, there is a surge heading up toward Bay County area.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center