Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Sep 13 2002 09:28 PM
LMAO!

>>I might as well throw out a prediction....I think it will grow to a CAT 2 or better, and of course...hit Mobile....but that's only cause it will make for an exciting evening and morning....oh, and landfall will be tomorrow around 12 midnight....if it stays out longer than that...then it could be a real juicy one.....

Naturally it's going to hit Mobile . I missed that eternally optimistic wishcasting for a strong storm. You get a shot at this one, but I don't see Cat-2. Latest WV, IR and VIS all show what appears to be deepening though. The convection is nosing off to the NW while the center remains stationary. Last couple of frames reverse the former, apparent eastward jog and either put it right back where it was or maybe a tad bit north.

Ice up that sixer if you're in AL this weekend.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center