HanKFranK
(User)
Sat Sep 14 2002 07:05 AM
and #2..

well then.. pascagoula it is. be interesting to see if this system actually produces any gale force winds as it comes ashore. then beyond this, monday it could be redeveloping off the mid atlantic coast, if enough of the circulation survives crossing the southeast. due to orographic lifting the southern appalachians stand to pick up locally heavy rainfall amounts. since theres a five year/five foot rainfall deficit up there they stand to gain overall.
99L.. convection is very deep this morning east of trinidad. recon will be there within six hours to tell if there is a vortex somewhere in there. for those of you who like to drool over unlikely but scary gfdl runs, check the 00z. also notice the sharp, slow moving trough in the middle of the nation. globals have this thing negatively tilting over the east late next week.. THAT is a bad omen for landfall. better hope this thing doesnt develop.
back near 35w, low latitude.. strong, persistent convective burst. nhc analysis has a low with this feature.. if it keeps going like that we'll have another invest before long.
random thought: bahamas to florida, to eastern gulf. energy left behind from what split off the bottom of the amplification earlier this week.. backing up in hanna's wake.
just popped in my head.
why am i up so early? some jackass smoked things up downstairs and we had a dorm evacuation.. then the firemen went room to room and spent almost an hour getting sleepers out. not my idea of fun. but the outer rainband from hanna is just arriving, so not as bad as it could have been.
HF 1100z14september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center