Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Sep 14 2002 08:57 PM
Re: Wave in Windwards

Here we go again as a maybe storm for someone becomes everyones storm even though it might not make it past Venezuela. The models which in my opinion are wortheless and have been proven of no value more than 72 hours out are being touted and soon the tv weathermen will be talking about preperations for the week ahead. If I've learned anything over the last 5 years it is to ignore all predictions more than 3 days out and take anything less with a great deal of doubt. The only certainties are that were I live in Stuart we are well protected by troughs that will steer all storms away yet my homeowners insurance for hurricane protection will continue to skyrocket.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center