Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 14 2002 08:28 PM
The future of TD#10

As expected, we have TD#10. What can I say? Well, nothing much. I'm trying not to speculate with this one and I'm just not going to. Here are my thoughts:
1. It is getting away from Venezuela, but barely. If the storm's convection is still strong and safely away from SA in the morning I'll be content to say TD10 will have passed it's first major test. It's 75% there right now.
2. Eastern Caribbean: I don't expect this storm to due a whole lot here. It might strengthen to a 35-45 knot storm in this area. The intensification should really speed up in the Central Caribbean.
3. Forward speed: I believe it's reasonable to think that as TD10 gains latitude it will slow down, giving oppurtunity for intensification. Still hauling butt for the next 24 hours though. Of course, this will just get it away from SA and get it out of the Eastern Caribbean quicker. A double-edged sword I suppose.
4. Track should become more west-northwest anytime in next 12-36 hours.

That's basically all I have to say at this point. I'm zipping my mouth beyond 72 hours. This situation may end up being like Debby. She seemed like a sure-fire threat, right? I guess that wasn't the case in the end. Of course, every storm has a different timeline. I'd suggest we take this one day by day. If a threat arises to Florida, NHC will mention it. Anything before this is just speculation.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center