Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat May 25 2002 02:25 PM
Didn't see Gary Gray's 5/23 forecast posted (link)

http://www.millenniumweather.com/tropical/season.html

Hope this isn't a repost. But Gray's calling for 12/7/3 (possibly 13, 8, 4). He's going with Gray but trending possibly upward. My April was 13,8,2or3. His highest risks are coastal NC, and the NE Gulf based partly on tracks/activity in the analog years and the expected position of the Bermuda High (edging up to the east coast).

Personally, I think the Bermuda will nose into the US a little more than he's giving it credit for, so even though he's calling for fairly far western atlantic recurvature toward the Outer Banks, I think the risk for the SE US Coast is a little higher than he's giong with.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center