Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 19 2002 05:58 PM
well...

This is so interesting to me. I just do not recall a storm where, three days into the forecast, the NHC simply has no clue where it might head if it stalls out, as predicted. What makes it worse, is that this one has the potential to be a very strong and large hurricane. Can anyone else recall a Category 2-4 hurricane sitting in the southeastern gulf, spinning, with no steering currents? I mean, this could be a very scary event.

What concerns me the most is the few models that take it into the florida peninsula after stalling. If it does get licked up and starts moving north or east rapidly after stalling, people in florida will have so much less time to prepare than if it heads due north or nw. its just gonna be that much closer to florida to start, if it stalls as predicted. I don't know. I might be overreacting, but no one here is taking this seriously...and i hope to god that wherever it goes, it doesn't take anyone by surprise, because they have been lead to believe they were "out of the woods". i for one am staying tuned.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center