Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu Sep 19 2002 03:23 PM
Re: well...

For Crying out loud, Scott! I had to read your post about 6-7 times to figure out what you were trying to say, and I'm still not sure if I got it all figured out! First you said that maybe your gut instinct of a Tampico landfall midweek may be coming true. Then you said that NOGAPS and the other models have him missing the trough 36 hours. Then you said that the models were split between a W turn and a NE turn. Then I think you mentioned Brownsville, TX might get it; then you threw in some more things that would verify your forecast for a west central FL landfall; then you told us it wouldn't hit the Yucatan but you might go with a NE turn or you would go with a westward turn. You also said that that was a simple forecast. With all due respect to your meteorology skills, I think that was anything but simple. The only thing I know for sure is that you think that you have been right all along.

The statement "the entire GOM needs to watch this" would pretty much cover what you said in 10 words or less.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center