Rickoshade
(Registered User)
Thu Sep 19 2002 03:30 PM
track and intensity

still looks wnw to me...and any slowdown is only a generation of a distinct eyewall. general trend wnw...and this motion will make it stay over water. should be a two by morning....raise a notch and hold as a minimal 3....then get into the gulf....hesitate because of missing the first trough, then get picked up and hurled toward some hapless city as a major hurricane. the potential is a 5, and I think the feelings I am having are leaning to a 4-5...probably a 5, and strike as a 4, ....but maybe strike as a 5, IF all the conditions hit just right.

Doubt seriously it will keep going west..unless the trough lifts out or is weak, in which case texas gets the thrill. it won't hit florida either..but will banana north to MOBILE>.....okay, there ya have it...you all knew I was gonna pick my city...I mean, why not....?.....we haven't had a biggee since freddie in 79...

freddy..3
izzy...5
yeah, makes sense to me.

Mobile......flattened

as Bastardi said..."weeping and gnashing of teeth. heck, a cat 3 is BAD enough...I went through one...I can't imagine the trepidation and scare a 4 or 5 would cause....

let's start a poll, eh?....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center