Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu Sep 19 2002 07:48 PM
NHC's Thoughts from 5AM Discussion Yesterday......

In relation to the questions about Izzy missing the trough and turning west; or if he gets stronger what he will do, here is what the NHC said about THAT yesterday:

"SPECULATING A BIT BEYOND THREE DAYS...THERE IS APPARENTLY ENOUGH MODEL RIDGING IN THE NORTHERN GULF FOR THE UKMET AND AVN TO TAKE ISIDORE SLOWLY
WESTWARD. HOWEVER...IF ISIDORE BECOMES A LARGE AND POWERFUL HURRICANE...THE ATLANTIC CUTOFF MAY NOT BE AS STRONG OR AS FAR WEST AS THE MODELS INDICATE...AND THIS COULD MEAN A MORE NORTHERLY...
RATHERLY THAN WESTERLY DRIFT ACROSS THE GULF."

Although this was from the 5AM Discussion yesterday and it was only speculation, I am quite sure that it still stands today.

When the NHC tells me that FLORIDA is out of the woods, that's when I'll breath a sigh of relief. Not one minute sooner. If the NHC is having a difficult time determining a track and they are the experts, than how the heck can we say ANYBODY is out of the woods for now? We CAN'T. And we SHOULD NOT. The last time I looked, the NHC hadn't said that ANYONE was in the clear either NOW or LATER.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center