Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 19 2002 04:17 PM
This could be anyone's storm....

If the NHC forecast is correct on calling this storm to sit in the GOMEX and move very slowly, I'd have to think that by 72 hours any possible amplifications would pick this storm up. NWS Melbourne seem more uncertain about this one than ever.

I'm currently thinking lanfall near Pensacola as a category 3 or category 4 hurricane. The Florida Peninsula will feel effects for this reason: look at the storm size! This storm is huge, especially on it's southern quad. That is where all of the rough weather is.

Also...about the models turning this storm west...all I can say is whether this storm goes more westerly or more easterly with time, nothing would be fast to occur.

Another possiblity is a reverse of Elena...Elena tried to go east but a ridge built back in and she went west. Given the situation now, Isidore could try to go west but it would be far enough north to be caught by an amplification and sent NE and E.

Just my thoughts and this time...my confidene beyond tomorrow is 0% barring any major speed or motion changes. Can't pinpoint a location...but still thinking that anyone from New Orleans eastward could get hurricane conditions due to Isidore's large size. We have plenty of time to watch this storm because it is moving so slowly. Just don't be surprised to see big problems by the middle of next week.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center