Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Sep 20 2002 12:08 AM
Hey Shawn...

I think the only remote possibility it becomes a western Gulf storm - one with an appreciable effect on Texas anyway - is if it comes at you guys from the South. I don't see a wnw track into Texas in the cards. Here's why: There's a big pool of cold air spilling down from Canada that's going to make it into the southern plains in the next couple of days. Unless Isidore can somehow come underneath the second trof and around the backside of the 3rd - not likely with a SW flow in front of the 2nd - it's not going to be able to bust through. However, if it was to stick around the YP for a few days as some of the models have hinted, and then stalled out off the Mexican Coast (which also doesn't look too likely), it would have to begin that northward trek at some point. Right now, I'd have to go with a < 10% chance of TX landfall. Ultimately, if Izzy has its sights set on the US, it would probably be east of here. I went with MS once I got in the game, but if I had to lay $$$ on it, I'd bet somewhere east of there.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center