Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 19 2002 11:21 PM
Steve.. probablities inching up for NO

Latest probability product from the NHC shows NO with an increase from 3 to 6. Buras also went up from 4 to 7 and Gulfport went from 3 to 5... Apalachicola stayed at 5, PC went from 4 to 5. and Mobile went from 2 to 4... GOM 28 89 went up from 9 to 12... overall the NO and surrounding area went up basically 3% while the panhandle basically stayed the same and the west coast of FL went down a tad...

Maybe not all that significant but certainly some food for thought.

Now I know Jason doesn't like this product that much but to me is certainly something that you can factor in making your overall assessment and forecast... Let me tell you this, if I get a 99% probablilty rating I'm taking it serious.. hehe

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center