Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Sep 20 2002 04:27 AM
Camille....

lost everything I own.. I was 17...
house had 5 feet of water, after the water went down we had 3 inches of stinking mud... and no way to clean it....
slept on my front porch for about a month....
no clothes except what I had on when it hit...
all the cars had been submurged in water... none worked for weeks, some never did crank again....
no electricty for 5 weeks...
no running water for 3 weeks.....
no gas for 3 weeks
no bath for two weeks, rode my bike about 10 miles to a friends house for a bath...
I still have no pictures of me prior to 1969....
ate enough spam so that to this day I can't stand the smell of it...
long LONG lines for everything....
ice was a premium...
no gas for cars, but none worked anyway...
phone service down for weeks...
highway 90 useless for several months
they were giving away water in Budweiser Cans... boy for a minute I though we were going to get free beer....
tetanus shots were a must....
snakes everywhere.... killed about 6 in my yard alone
NOW THE BAD NEWS...
several of my friends lost loved ones... bodies were found in my neighborhood 20 feet up in Oak trees....

I was so young and me and all my friends were so excited that the storm was coming... I remember laughing every time they said on the radio it was getting stronger... I thought they were just full of it.... no way for it to be that strong...

YEAH, I want another Cat 5 in Biloxi... get real

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center