Kevin
(Weather Master)
Fri Sep 20 2002 09:13 PM
Re: Subtropical Depression 12 and Isidore

Latest NHC forecast turns the system due west after 48 hours and accelerates it some. To be frank with the posters here and myself, I believe if we see any more acceleration in the BOC with a continued westerly track, I will be strongly considering shifting my forecast towards the south and west in a very significant manner. The threat to the US may just be decreasing at this time, but I'm far from completely convinced at this time.

Are we done yet? No way. Just look across the Atlantic...it appears condtions are quite favorable there and the wave at 40 west is very large and quite vigorous. We could well have another depression by Sunday or Monday. If this one develops it could have a legitimate chance of becoming a major hurricane with an upper-level high building in to it's north. The wave behind it could improve with time. After all, we are still in September.

Subtropical depression 12 has formed....should head NE gradually over the next few days. Not a real threat to anybody.

Watch Isidore until he's dead or has a sure-footed westward motion established. Keep in mind, though, that the Eastern Atlantic may try to pop a few that may try to threaten in the long-term.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center