Kimster
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Sep 21 2002 02:19 PM
Re: Izzy headed south of due west?

I live on the water just north of Clearwater, FL. I believe the St. Petersburg times made that headline to reassure the tourist dollars keep coming in. The local media are not that confident. "Most" people here are not ignorant when it comes to the potential threat of a hurricane coming their way. For example. while shopping at a local grocery store yesterday, I noticed that all the D size batteries were entirely sold out. In addition, the water inventories were starting to get low. Until someone states that the eye of the storm is over their head, we all need to pay close attention and who knows with this storm, that may not be conclusive... Izzy seems to have been around along time. Anyone have any statistical information on the longest lasting hurricane?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center