joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Sep 22 2002 12:22 AM
Re: My SWAG.... on center locations

Hey guys(and gals). Came back from getting my wife from work and looked at infrared loop. Think there still is some nw jogs going on. I kind of brought this up on the last page, but my thoughts are we've gone almost nine hours with either no movement or a very slow NW jog. This should be enough to throw out some of the stranger model aspects IMHO, like Izzy being somewhere way down in the Bay of Camp. in 72hrs. But I'm willing to bet NHC won't budge, and at 11 we'll get something that is a rehash of the 11:00 am forecast. Even the 18Z GFDL gives me problems because they started Izzy in the right place, but going the wrong direction. 265, or just south of west? Anybody seen him going south of west today? Sorry, it's just something that gets on my nerves when peoples lives are at stake. When you feed a model garbage, it's going to give you garbage in return.
Of course, I think Izzy was just trying to get a better look at the GATORS STOMPING TENNESSE 30-13! He's just adjusting his rabbit ears, IMHO.

Joe in Jax

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center