CFHCAdministrator
()
Wed Sep 25 2002 12:13 AM
Lili and Isidore and the Future

The energy... and core... sapped from Isidore... Will it be a hurricane once more?

Possibly. It has to regain an awful lot of momentum and showers around the core, and the main convection is away from it. The time over the Yucatan really killed the system.

Still TX/LA to AL/FL borders for landfall there, but I'm not expecting more than a cat 1 at the moment, although it could change... watch the system.

Lili is going to fight land a few times, and we may see it go in the Gulf or along the east coast. Apologies today, I've been away most of the time and have yet to go through all the data as of yet.

I hope for more tomorrow. Sorry for the short update today.

Cancun, Mexico Radar

NRL Monterey Marine Meteorology Division Forecast Track of Active Systems (Good Forecast Track Graphic and Satellite Photos)

NASA GHCC Interactive Satellite images at:
North Atlantic Visible (Daytime Only), Infrared, Water Vapor

Some forecast models:
NGM, AVN, MRF, ETA ECMWF

DoD Weather Models (NOGAPS, AVN, MRF)
AVN, ECMWF, GFDL, MM5, NOGAPS, UKMET

Multi-model plots from WREL

Other commentary at Mike Anderson's East Coast Tropical Weather Center, Robert Lightbown/Crown Weather Tropical Update Accuweather's Joe Bastardi, Hurricane City Weather Audio Broadcast Network - Live Audio from Jim Williams and Barometer Bob , mpittweather , Tropical Weather Watchers.Com (JasonM) Gary Gray's Millennium Weather, Barometer Bob's Hurricane Hollow, Snonut, Ed Dunham and Jason M in our Storm Forum Even more on the links page.

- [mac]

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center