Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Sep 24 2002 09:14 PM
Hey Richie...

Yeah, isn't it though. That's the same thing I was saying. He's definitely one for the history books. I haven't looked at too much footage of Cuba and Mexico, but from the little I did see, some communities got hammered. There had/has to be some 40"+ spots and that just doesn't happen too often in the real world. It goes to show how strong and how much energy Isidore had, and really, how formidable it could have been for some of us. As it is now, they're up to Advisory #35 (winds now gusting 25-30 the last few minutes). So if he regenerates - as has been speculated all along - I think it's a storm name worth retiring.

Here are some of my reasons:

1) Confounded (mostly) models and forecasters.
2) Long tracked, SeptemberAfrican Wave system.
3) Various damage and disasters in many countries (Jamaica, Cuba, Mexico, etc.).
4) Reached strong Cat 3 status (had much higher potential).
5) Outer influence affected the entire I-10 Corridor east of Lake Charles 2-3 days before landfall.
6) 35 advisories - (possibly 45 by landfall or shortly thereafter).

It's also been a lot of fun to track for the last couple of weeks on the internet.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center