Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Tue Sep 24 2002 10:20 PM
Good question...

I can't access the GOES IR sat.... what's the deal with that... we are getting our second deluge in the past hour or so... about 2-3 inches tonight alone....

I was just watching the IR loop on TV.... I made a comment on the previous page that convection was building off to the NW and N of the system... this is continuing to develop....and is really trying to initiate that wrapping process to get back to the center..... IF this does occur within the next 12 hours or so, I think we'll see some strengthening... to what? Maybe strong Cat 1, weak Cat 2... heck if I know... but know this, if you start getting some decent convection wrap around this worn out old man, he just might get his second wind... he's not moving as fast as projected... so all bets are off if he can get it together in the next 12 hours or so...

I can't ever remember getting rain from a tropical system 450 miles from my house .... ever... THIS IS BIG BOY

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center