Kevin
(Weather Master)
Wed Sep 25 2002 02:37 PM
Re: Lili improving

Isidore: Really doesn't look too tropical at this point...naked on west side with nearly 100% of the convection to the east of the center. Indeed, Isidore is very broad. He won't become a hurricane again because there is just too much to pull together...a strong tropical storm (60-70 MPh) and should spawn some tornadoes and dump tons of rain. Could have been a lot worse than this.

Lili is playing a game with us...she looks good when recon gets in but slack off after they leave. All kidding aside, I believe she may finally start to intensify. I'm shifting further west now, perhaps just south of eastern Cuba by Friday (she's moving at 8 knots!) With this movement, the trough may well bypass Lili and she will travel slowly towards the western Caribbean...and we could have another major storm. Even the models that recurve her are shifting the recurvature further west...could be in response the her slow movement. A threat to Florida still exists, but it is now delayed. We should have nice weekend but we will need to keep our eyes on Lili. Once again, thinking threat to WC of Florida increases if Lili isn't a hurricane by Friday or early Saturday at the latest.

From what I heard, Kyle's eye looked great this morning. From what I see now, however, he is starting to look a little distorted overall. He's very small, and a lot can happen to small storms.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center