Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 25 2002 10:28 PM
Re: Isidore Nears

We're having massive street flooding in the City. I'm up on Met. Ridge so I'm about 3' up. But I left work just in time (really too late) today. Many major arteries are shut down, and others are several feet under. You can check on updates from New Orleans at:

fox8live.com (running real slow)
theneworleanschannel.com (WDSU NBC 6)
nolalive.com (Time Picayune)
insideneworleans.com (Cox)

Otherwise, there are numerous mandatory evacuations from Grand Isle to Myrtle Grove. It's pretty incredible, and is the most serious flooding we've had since Tropical Storm Frances in (I think) '88. The difference is there's plenty more to come. Basically everywhere outside the levee protection systems in St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Jefferson, Lafourche and Terrebonne are under orders to leave due to tidal flooding. But it's the rain in Orleans and Jefferson. For the urban areas, it's really a developing situation because they're figuring on another possible 10" of rain tonight. That might be high, but it's not gonna get any better anytime soon.

I'll try to get on later and give an update on the city. I'm high and dry - well not dry cause I got Lotsa [tm] beer. Isadore rules.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center