Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 26 2002 05:27 PM
Re: Isidore Nears

Apparently Tropical Weather Watcher and East coast tropical weather sites must have given up on all the action , that leaves this site alone in providing thought provoking comments and invaluable information about the tropics. Of course I forgot Bastardi's column however we'll be loosing that anyway soon. Can't begin to say how good this site is so won't even try.Am in the process of contacting State Farm Ins to find out why my rates are skyrocketing while So Florida is so well protected by troughs etc. No significant damage has occured in 50 years in my area. One further thought , anyone who has been to Mexico knows the quality of the shacks people live in down there. If only 6 people were killed in this storm how does the media come to the conclusion of huge death numbers in this country from a similar level storm. It's all hype.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center