HanKFranK
(User)
Thu Sep 26 2002 10:24 PM
Re: Getting my 15 minutes of fame tonight

hey frank p, good deal. doesnt look like anything bad came out of izzy for you.
thoughts on the other stuff:
lili is alive but not classified.. you can see it is a closed low on satelite. if i'm not mistaken a closed tropical low generating winds of a certain magnitude is a tropical depression, but theres no following the nhc conventions sometimes. what is it rad likes to say.. if it aint broke, dont fix it?
official on kyle is for very, very little movement through 72. i think this is more or less correct, but probably be a little further south and west than indicated. bamd is just a little too over the top for me.
so much for izzy. gave us two weeks of tracking, and a pretty good scare for a while.. but, the usual. ssdd.
kyle and lili are iffy in terms of ever being a real threat, yet persist. almost october now. if dr. gray is (was?) to be believed, october/november will yield but one storm. basin shear sure does seem to have picked up in the last few days.. whether this is just transitional or el niƱo is having it's way finally.. we'll see. still think that pattern swings will give us western caribbean activity around mid/late october.
HF 2226z26september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center