HanKFranK
(User)
Thu Sep 26 2002 06:38 PM
also..

that nasa interactive closeup satelite is really nifty. you can really pinpoint things with it.. this pertains to lili. here's my philosophy: the nature of the system, sheared as it is, has been to have a broad circulation open on the west side, and have it temporarily tighten into a small vortex whenever convection is bursting on the east side. ive been seeing this for days.. a small vortex will emerge from the west side, seem to loop under.. then another will run out as the convection cycles. maybe it's the same little thing doing cycloid loops over and over within the broader circulation.. not saying i know. but this is what it's essentially been all along.. now that it's not racing and loses the translational motion supercharged flight level winds.. they have dropped it to a 'tropical wave'. i do think that some exception needs to be made for cases such as this.
anyhow, still cant say if this will ever organize.. not only has it been consistently nudging its way into the retreating, now reorganizing upper trough.. but its own anticyclone has been lagging back and adding to the southerly shear.
should be near jamaica tomorrow. interaction with land might break the status quo.. whether that be to cause the center to redevelop in a better place or just kill it outright.
HF 2240z26september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center