Kevin
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 26 2002 10:48 PM
Re: Getting my 15 minutes of fame tonight

Here is my quick take on the three systems:
Isidore: Done for as a tropical system. Just beginning as an extratropical rainmaker.

Lili: She looks like crap tonight. The low pressure area is still to the west of all of the convection, which btw, looks to be sheared and even dissipating some. Survival is very iffy at this point. I'll give her a shot of regeneration in a few days.

Kyle: No one really wants to take him seriously, and we don't have to until he proves he can survive under 30-40 knot shear for 48 to 60 hours. Doesn't look like trough will pick him up, but shear is going to slap him silly. If he can survive he may just go due west under developing ridge and intensify. You know what that means....yeah, it means wait and see if he can survive the shear. We'll take it from there.

African wave train has been declared dead for 2002. W. Caribbean/GOMEX could breed some storms in October...shear will determine whether these are weak little TS's or if we can add a minimal hurricane or two to the list.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center